Saturday, June 27, 2009

Queue-less

Usually I love me some summer knitting but, this year I don't have anything in my queue that I'm itching to cast on. I have lots of great yarn that I'm sure would make some great summer tops. So since I am looking for some inspiration what is everyone casting on this summer? Maybe I'll just cast on and design something for myself. That way I can make it fit perfect and hide any of the stuff that needs to be hidden.

My new sock pattern is almost done. My friends Pam and Andrea offered to test knit so once they are done I'll make the pattern available. The picture above is a beautiful Peony that I got at Whole Foods. I love that store.

Off to hunt through my stash to find some summer yarn that speaks to me. ;-P

5 comments:

amanda said...

I'm knitting a long-ish sleeve version of Cloud Bolero this summer. But, I am already thinking about fall knits and will probably start them once the bolero is finished. Good luck deciding!!

Pam Sykes (aka Pretty Knitty) said...

I will be knitting a fingering-weight sweater. . .similar to Knit Picks' Classic Lines Cardigan. . .but true to my form, a little different! Haha!

Alison said...

I'm working on my Dream in Color shrug for the wedding in September. And a pair of stockinette striped socks. Are you totally inspired by that?

Anonymous said...

Michelle and I cast on yesterday, July 1, for the Hey, Teach cardigan from Knitty. Pam just finished hers. You could KAL with us:)
~Annie

Whimsy Pix said...

Great post thank yyou