Friday, October 19, 2007

More FO's

I don't have any pictures of Juliet to show. I had to rip back to the garter stitch. When I tried on Juliet it was too big. I started out making the small and once I tried it on I realized that the XS was going to fit better. I think in the end I will wear it much more and it will be more flattering.

On to a couple of FO's that I completed a little while ago. I just have not had an opportunity to post any pics. The first is Something Red or Blue in my case. This was really fun to knit and I love the blue sky cotton.

Something Red or Blue

Materials

Pattern: Something Red by Wendy Bernard

Yarn : Blue Sky Alpaca, Blue Sky Cotton. Color Periwinkle 634. The pattern called for 6 hanks but I only used 5.

Size: 34 bust.

Needles: US size 6 circular and double pointed needles.

Modifications: I made the ribbing at the bottom a little longer.

I may need to get a bigger button because the one I used is a little small for the button hole. All in all I really like this sweater. My FMIL already asked me to make her one. I think I am going to have to learn how to knit in my sleep.

The February Baby Sweater


Materials:

Pattern: The Knitter's Almanac by Elizabeth Zimmerman.

Yarn: Encore worsted. Color 1033. I think I used just over one skein.

Needles: US7 needles.

I first saw this on Jared's blog. The pattern wasn't too difficult. If you have never knit one of Elizabeth Zimmerman's patterns, they are more of a recipe. She allows you to make the pattern your own and that is what I think I like most about her patterns. I was intimidated at first but not once I got started. I will definitely make this sweater again with a nicer yarn, maybe something variegated.

No comments: