Saturday, July 5, 2008

Ribbed Lace Bolero

I finally got the DH to take some FO shots of the Ribbed Lace Bolero. This is a really fun pattern.

Ravelry Link
Source: http://kellymaher.wordpress.com/
Yarn: Lion brand cotton-ease
Color: Charcoal (1.5 skeins)
Size: Cast on 98 stitches
Needles: US Size 8 & 10.5
Modifications: None

If I make this again, which is possible, I will cast on less stitches. The bolero keeps sliding off of my shoulders. I didn't measure as the pattern specifies to custom fit the bolero. I just thought 98 stitches sounds good. I did do my gauge swatch but as far as the measuring part I threw caution to the wind. I still like the way it fits and will get a lot of wear out of this. Plus with how affordable cotton-ease is, I can always make another.

I have been working on the Shetland Shorty. This is going pretty fast now that I got gauge. I had to go down to US size 3 needles. I hope it's going to fit because right now it looks like it will fit a 9 yr old. This is an addictive pattern. I hear it calling my name.

2 comments:

Michelle B said...

Very cute Bolero! I like the color on the shorty! I ordered some yarn from Knit Picks for it!

Michelle B said...

BTW your hair looks very cute!