Sunday, June 7, 2009

It's about time......

So life and work has finally started to settle down a bit. I can't believe that it's June already. Where has the time gone. Even though I have been busy I have been trying to make some time for knitting. Lots of babies being born so I knit a couple of baby blankets and some baby socks. Still have to finish the last sock.

I love to make baby socks to use up the last bit of the left over sock yarn. They're fast and too cute. The blanket is the 8 hour blanket pattern by plymouth. It's made using size 13 needles with two strands of worsted weight yarn held together. I used plymouth encore white and colorspun (7962). For the socks I used my left over Pagewood Farms Yukon in colorway New Horizon and the pattern is a Fortissimo baby sock pattern.

I've also started the Mad Color Weave socks (Ravelry link). I frogged my first attempt using some of my Socks that Rock because the color was pooling. The pattern is a lot of fun and is simple enough to do while watching TV.

So far I just have the ribbing done. I love the yarn. It's Sunshine yarn that I received in my first Harry Potter sock club mailing. The colorway is 'The Quibbler'. Dani does such a great job. Her sock club is definitely worth it. Check out the fun card she encloses to explain her inspiration.


I can't wait to get my house yarn in August.

2 comments:

Michelle B said...

cute sock! I like the color combo of your new mad color weave sock! I think that will work much better!

Pam Sykes (aka Pretty Knitty) said...

I concur! That colorway is better suited to the pattern. Can't wait to see the finished socks, when the time comes!