Saturday, August 2, 2008

Too Nice For Yoga

I'm a huge Knit and Tonic fan. Wendy's patterns are so fun to knit and easy to modify for a perfect fit. I can't wait for her book to come out. I pre-ordered mine on Amazon.

This is another one of Wendy's great patterns the Yogini Bolero. I was worried when I was knitting this because it looked way to small. I'm really happy with the final product and the fit. I'm thinking of making another short sleeve version out of Blue Sky Skinny Cotton. I also bought some Cotton Fleece in a deep purple to make a long sleeve version. I love these fast knits.

Pattern: Yogini Bolero
(Ravelry link)
Source: http://www.knitandtonic.typepad.com/
Yarn: Hemp for Knittig Allhemp6LUX
Color: Zinfandel (2.5 hanks)
Size: Small
Needles: US Size 5
Modifications: Instead of the 6 decreases for the
optional shaping I only completed 3 decreases. I also
lengthened the top. The size small says to knit until the
top measures 10.5 inches from the cast on before binding
off. I knit until the top measured 12 inches before binding
off. I have broad shoulders so I think that's why I had to
lengthen the top. Because this is knit from the top down you
can try it on as you go so you can achieve a perfect fit.

Another blog that I love to read is Lara's blog. She knits so many great things and all of her FO's fit great and are so flattering. She had a contest for her blogiversary and I was one of the winners. I won a hank of Sundara 100% hand-dyed superwash merino wool (fingering weight) in the colorway Bird of Paradise.

I can't wait to knit this up. I'm not sure what I want to make with it. Socks? A scarf? The hank is 350 yards. If anyone has any pattern suggestions leave me a comment.

6 comments:

Wendy said...

Beautiful! It is FAB!

Michelle B said...

Your Yogini is great!!! How'd you like the hemp?

That yarn is gorgeous! So bright! it might make a fun sort of lacy scarf!

Dawn said...

The yogini looks great on you. I love the fit, and color.

Lara said...

Your Yogini is gorgeous! Wendy has great patterns, no doubt. I have yarn to knit the long sleeved version so I will probably do that.

You know, the yarn came with a sock pattern. Off hand, I can't remember what the pattern looks like but I can certainly dig it up if you are interested in knitting socks. But there are many great sock patterns out there. Personally, I am not a sock knitter - so Michelles' idea sounds great to me too!

amanda said...

What a cute shrug - it is just perfect on you!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.