Saturday, August 23, 2008

Glad to be home

My trip to Colorado was nice but I'm glad to be home. It was a busy trip. Most of my time was spent working and going out to dinner with co-workers. I did manage to slip away to do some shopping. My first stop was the Knitters Kove in Colorado Springs. I found them through ravelry there is a knitters kove group.

I wasn't shopping for anything specific, I just wanted to browse and see what they had. It's not a really big shop but they did have quite a big selection of yarn. I bought some Pagewood Farm hand dyed sock yarn Yukon in colorway new horizon. It's 70% merino, 20% bamboo and 10% nylon. I couldn't resist the color. I also picked up a hair pin lace loom. I've always wanted to learn how to do hair pin lace to make this skirt. I also picked up some stitch markers and some double points. I don't know what happens to all my stitch markers they keep disappearing. I planed on stopping at Posh Yarns in Denver but I never got a chance.

Colorado Springs is beautiful. This is the view looking out my hotel window. It took me a little while to get use to the dry Colorado air. I'm use to the high and I mean high humidity that we have in Ohio. The best part about the dry air was no frizzy hair.

I did take some knitting with me but I really only got to knit on the plane. I started the February Sweater (ravelry link). I knit quite a bit on the flight to Denver but ended up ripping most of it because I didn't like the way my one row button hole looked. I decided to use this version of the one row button hole.

I'm using Dream into Color Classy in November Muse. The color reminds me of the fall leaves. I can't wait to get to the gull lace portion. Off to relax and knit.

1 comment:

Michelle B said...

OHH that sock yarn is prety! The humidity in Florida, made here feel dry! LOL

I love the color of your February Lady Sweater!