Tuesday, January 29, 2008

It's Finally Here

I received my Ravelry invite today. That was fast it only took about a week and a half. I did an inventory of my yarn to prepare for my invite. I think I might have to cut myself off from future yarn purchases. That is until I use up more of my stash. The next two projects that I am working on I'll be using some yarn from my stash. The first project is a cute capelet that I found here. I am using blue sky alpaca sport weight in a dark charcoal grey. I am using it held doubled to get proper gauge. It's really knitting up quick. I should have it done tonight so I will post some pics soon. The second project I am working on is from the cover of Vogue Knitting Holiday 2007 issue. The long red sweater looks so warm yet it drapes really nicely. I am not using the same yarn so I hope I can achieve the same drape. I'm using cascade 220 because I wanted a yarn that I knew would hold up well; this one is going to take me quite awhile to finish.

No comments: