Sunday, January 27, 2008

Boy or Girl

I know that I have said this before but, it seems like everyone is having babies. Another friend of mine is going to be a dad. He and his wife don't yet know the sex of the baby so; I decided to make two blankets. Baby blankets around here never go to waste. I love this pattern because it's so fast and great for mindless TV knitting. I enjoy making them so much I usually have one of these on the needles for that occasion when I loose my knitting mojo and I can't decide what I want to work on.


Pattern: 8 Hour Baby Blanket
Source: Plymouth Yarn Co.
Yarn: Encore Worsted & Encore Colorspun Worsted (1 of each held doubled)
Colors: 208 & 7962 (Top) 0896 &7744 (Bottom)
Needles: US size 13, 24 inch circular needles
Modifications: None this is a great pattern.

The one thing that I have noticed since I started blogging is I have more FO's. I have always been someone who can't work on just one project at a time. The problem is that at times I find myself working on up to five projects. This usually results in several projects that go ignored for months and by the time I pick them up again they are out of season. I have decided to allow myself to work on two projects at a time, one advanced project and one mindless project. So far so good. This seems to be helping my FO quota increase. Below is another FO. It is the first garment that I have designed (Violet). It is a shrug made with Buckingham from Bristol Yarn. I will be working the numbers up so I can make the pattern available in the next couple of week. (That is my knitters block that Violet is drying on.)



No comments: