Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Free Time

Recently I have had my Saturdays free because my LYS, the one that I taught classes at, has closed its doors. It is nice because I can spend more time with my family and friends. On the other hand I very much miss the wonderful people that I met. I can truly say that I have developed long lasting friendships with all the lovely ladies that I worked with and taught classes with. Although the shop has closed we have vowed to have a monthly dinner/knit/chat session and the first one will be at my house the end of this month. I will make sure to take pictures of what each of the ladies are knitting. They are all very talented knitters.

So with all of this free time I have been doing a little bit of blog reading and shopping. First up is Jennie the potter. I fell in love with the mugs that she makes. The quality is excellent. I think I am going to have to buy another one. This is the yarn ball with needles mug. The yarn is


dark green kinda hard to tell in the picture. The mug is the perfect size because it is large, perfect for hot drinks or soup.

My next purchase I discovered while I was doing some blog reading. I found these piddleloop bags on Stacey's blog. Stacey had such an extensive collection she convinced me to get one. I loved the goldfish bag that she had and I had to have one for myself. Luckily there was one left so, I treated myself. The bag is the perfect size for a sock project. Since I have at least 50 balls of sock yarn the bag was a necessity. Now I just have to make some socks. My only problem is I suffer from second sock syndrome.



If you're interested check out Jennie's website and the Piddleloop teams etsy shop.