Saturday, September 5, 2009

Process or Project.......

I have always been a process knitter. I've never really cared about whether or not I was going to actually wear the finished object. That seems to be changing lately. I think it's because I want to make the most of my knitting time because it is an investment of both my time and money. That being said if I don't really love a pattern I find it hard to knit whether it's for myself or a gift. I've also been craving some instant gratification knitting and is probably why I have been knitting so many socks. This makes fours pairs of socks for me now. They're almost too pretty to wear.

Yarn: Dream in Color Smooshy
Color: Funky Fushcia (less than 1 skein)
Size: 8.5
Needles: US Size 1 (2.25mm)
Verdict: I love this yarn and the Fushcia color is beautiful.

Monday I'll be posting a blog contest for my 2 year Blogiversary. Don't forget to stop back and enter. Now I have to think of something creative for the contest.

2 comments:

Pam Sykes (aka Pretty Knitty) said...

Love the fuschia! Love the pattern! Love the socks!

Would you like a counter of an appropriate gauge/theme to go with whatever yarn/pattern you might be giving away? Let me know.

Jessim said...

I love these socks- the color is great.

I wear hand knit socks pretty much exclusively now (I have 10, I think). I dread the day I get a hole in them, but to some degree I'm a process knitter. I don't think I'd be happy if someone came and undid my work every night and i just got to knit it again, so I do need a product, but I'm more into the knitting than the finishing at times.