Friday, September 4, 2009

Color inspiration......

Today's blog post is brought to you by the colors teal and orange. These colors have been making there way into many of my knitting projects and knitting inspiration. First up are some basic stockinette socks.

Pattern: Made it up as I went.
Color: Copenhagen (less than 1 skein)
Size: Cast on 64 stitches
Needles: US Size 1 (2.25mm)
Basic Pattern: Cast on 64 stitches, K1, P1 ribbing for 12 rows.
I used the heel and toe from my Summer Lovin Sock pattern.
Verdict: I love this yarn and definitely need to get more to make a
baby hat and booties or a sweater.

Next up is my latest purchase from Hazel Knits. I was thinking about using the orange yarn (High ocTang) for my little pumpkin socks (Ravelry link) but it looks so great next to the teal (Beach Glass). I'm also working on a new design using these colors. Too bad they don't look good on me.

2 comments:

Pam Sykes (aka Pretty Knitty) said...

Love the teal and orange together! And, I feel like I just watched Sesame Street...bonus! Your Copenhagen socks are beautiful...

Dawn said...

I love the simple socks. You're right about the hioctang and beachglass. They look stunning together!