I have been doing a lot of knitting because we were snowed in last week. We got about 10 inches of snow over the weekend. Last night it was -10 degrees and we have about a foot of snow on the ground now. I just need a snow suit so I can go outside and make snow angels like I did when I was a kid. To be able to play outside making igloos all day. That was the life.
The snow gave me an excuse to stay in with a hot cup of tea and my knitting. I finished my Shalom Cardigan and my February Lady Sweater. It has been really hard to photograph both sweaters and get an accurate picture of the yarn color. I'm also close to finishing my New Years Day sock. I can't wait to cast on for the second sock. The cable pattern was a lot of fun to knit.
So here are the details of my finished Shalom Cardigan. I love how it came out. It's definitely warm and cozy and perfect for this crazy weather.
Pattern: Shalom Cardigan
Yarn: Malabrigo Chunky
Color: Paris Nights (5.75 hanks)
Needles: US Size 10 1/2
- Cast on using long-tail cast on.
- Cast on counts as first row.
- Completed 3 buttonholes on rows 6, 20 & 34.
- Row 45: K28 (front), place next 33 stitches (sleeve) on scrap yarn, cast on 5, knit 47 (back), place next 33 stitches (sleeve) on scrap yarn, cast on 5, knit 28 (front).
- Row 46: K5, P26, place marker, P51, place marker, P26, K5.
- Row 55: Knit until 2 stitches before marker, SSK, slip marker, K2tog, repeat once, knit to end of row.
- Repeated row 55 four times as directed in pattern.
- Row 83: Knit until 1 stitch before marker, M1L, K1, slip marker, K1, M1R, repeat once, knit to end of row.
- Completed row 83 twice.
- Knit row 97 and then moved on to garter stitch bottom band. My row gauge was slightly off and I didn’t want the sweater to be too long.
- Knit 8 rows of garter stitch & bound off on row 9.
- Sleeves - placed sleeve stitches on needles, picked up 4 stitches under arm, placed marker (for future decreases) picked up 4 more stitches under arm.
- Sleeve - Knit 4 rounds. - Complete one decrease row. SSK, knit to two stitches before marker K2tog. - Decreased every 6 rows (5 times). - Decreased every 5 rows (4 times). - Completed 8 garter stitch rows. - Bound off on row 9 (purl row). Sleeve measured 17 inches from end of yoke to end of cuff.
I'll leave you will a little eye candy. This is Sophie's Toes sock yarn. I purchased it on etsy here.