Sunday, January 18, 2009

February Lady Sweater

I finally finished my February Lady Sweater. I love this pattern. I wasn't sure it was going to be very flattering but I was wrong. The fit is great. Of all the sweaters I have knit for myself I think this is my favorite.

Pattern: February Lady Sweater

(Ravelry link)
Source: http://www.flintknits.com/blog
Yarn: Knit Picks Wool of the Andes Kettle Dyed
Color: Jay Kettle (7 skeins)
Size: smallest
Needles: US Size 8
Modifications:
Decreased the 9 underarm stitches because I did not want my sleeves to be wide.
  • SSK, K5, K2tog
  • SSK, K3, K2tog
  • SSK, K1, K2tog
  • Slip 2 knitwise, K1, PSSO.
  • One stitch will be left. On row 1 of the gull lace pattern knit the remaining stitch together with the last K1 of the pattern repeat.
  • Bound off sleeves on a purl row using size 8 needles. Binding off on a purl row creates a nice finished edge.
I got these buttons from as cute as a button. I think they are perfect. They look black but they are actually a navy blue.

If you use the Knit Picks Wool of the Andes Kettle Dyed be very careful when you block your sweater. I always block my sweaters by washing them on delicate and then laying flat to dry. My machine doesn't agitate so I am usually okay. I have never had any problems in the past. Unfortunately there are a few spots on the back of the sweater where the lace pattern is not as pronounced because it was starting to felt.

I've had a lot of time to knit this weekend because we've had more crazy weather/snow. I finished my first News Day Sock and am almost half way through the second. I love this pattern. It is pretty easy but difficult enough to keep my interest.

I'm already thinking about the next sock pattern I want to knit. I decided on the Cozy Cable Socks. I purchased some Dream in Color Smooshy in Vino Veritas and Happy Forest. I'm not sure which color I'm going to use. Too hard to decide.

Vino Veritas

Happy Forest

I'll leave you with a picture that I took at sunrise this morning. As soon as I woke up I ran for my camera to capture this beautiful sky.

5 comments:

Rasa said...

Your sweater and sock turned out really nice. Love the sunrise picture!!!

Michelle B said...

Your sweater is great! (it's even better in person!) I should really get my finished!

Your picts of the smooshy are NOT helping me resist buying some! I think you should use the red since it is a sock to knit for February!

amanda said...

Beautiful sweater! I love how the colors came out.

Lara said...

The sweater turned out great and I love the color! I love the socks too. The sunrise is absolutely beautiful!

Ip said...

February Lady Sweater!!!!!!Done? How about Donna, what color did she made??