Sunday, January 24, 2010

Ravelympics 2010

So I've decided to join the Ravelympics and compete in two categories. First is the WIP (the work in progress) category. I have lots of socks that I need to finish up and get off my needles so I can knit up the tons of sock yarn that I have (I'll show you that at a later time ;o). First up I need to finish the mates to my Sinuosity sock and my Cookie A Monkeys. I love that pattern. Both yarns are Hazel Knits Artisan Sock, one of my favorites.


Next, these socks were actually suppose to be done for Halloween but there is always next year. my Little Pumpkin socks (Ravelry link). Such a fun pattern and of course Malabrigo sock yarn is to die for.

I almost forgot about these. They are beautiful but I had to put the cables down for a little bit. I was so proud of myself when I finished the first sock. I have about 20% of the second sock done. These are the Cozy Cable Socks (Ravelry link). I extended the pattern down the heel because I wear clogs and I thought it would be fun to show the cables off.

I don't only knit socks although that's what it seems like lately. I also joined the Designer Original Dance.

This competition gives me 17 days to design and knit an original item. I can swatch before the Olympics but can't cast on until Feb 12th. I'm excited to see how I work under pressure. 17 days seems like a short time but when I was in college I always waited til a day or two before a paper was due to start. Am I crazy or is this the kick in the pants I need to finish my next design? Guess we'll find out.

1 comment:

Pam Sykes (aka Pretty Knitty) said...

Nice! And good luck! I am trying to decide...socks or a sweater for the Ravelympics on our team...I am a bad decider!