Sunday, October 24, 2010

Rhinebeck - Day #2

The festival didn't open until 10 AM on Sunday. We arrived about 15 minutes after opening and there were already a lot of cars parked on the lawn. I was hoping that it would not be as crowded so we could check out the Spirit Trail booth which was mobbed on Saturday. Another bonus was that the weather was 10 plus degrees hotter than it had been on Saturday. No fingerless mitts or hat needed. As soon as we entered the gates there was a parade of alpacas and llamas. Luckily I was able to get some really good pictures.


This one had some serious long locks. I was kind of jealous.


My favorite part of the parade was the little ones. They were so cute!!!


Once the parade past we went back through all the barns/booths to see if there was anything that we absolutely had to have before we headed home. Of course there was and I was able to spend the rest of my money. I tried to buy things that I couldn't get on-line, at my LYS or items that were hard to find. Luckily the festival was not as crowded so we did get to go back through several of the booths that were really crowded the day before.

After all that shopping we decided that we better get some food and decided to try the chicken pot pie line. Just as we stepped in line one of the ladies selling the pies said that they had 50 left and that we probably wouldn't be able to get pies. They smelled to good to give up that easy so we decided to stay in line until the last pie was sold. Thankfully, we were able to get 4 pies with plenty left for those in line behind us.

Mmmmmmm!!! It was as good as it looks. With full bags and full bellies we decided to call it a day and head back home. What did I bring back with me you ask?

Earrings from Jennie the Potter. I love pottery of any kind. I took several pottery classes when I was in Art school. I think I need to buy the matching necklace too.


Bugga from Sanguine Gryphon. Andrea and I both fell in love with this color but there was no name on the tag. Andrea (andiRN) asked Gryphon what color this was because it did not have a name on it. She explained that it was one of the one off colors and asked Andrea if she wanted her to name it. Of course Andrea said yes and Gryphon named it Andi Bug after Andreas Ravelry name. I am so excited that I am one of the few to have the Andi Bug colorway.


More Sanguine Gryphon, Edios base in the Eleatic colorway. Such a pretty green!!!


Lace weight yarn in the Cove Creek colorway from Creatively Dyed. I'm planning on making the Featherweight Cardigan with this. I can't wait to cast on.


Shelridge Farm DKW wool for a hat and fingerless mitts.


Some beautiful roving from Gales' Art. It is Blueface Swirl in the color Moldy Pumpkin. I need lots of practice spinning before I'm ready for this.


A beautiful drop spindle from Journey Wheel. It's made of walnut and weighs 28grams/1oz.


Finally, something for the pup and his paws that usually crack in the winter.


I had a great time in New York at the Sheep and Wool Festival and would definitely go back again. Thanks, Tina, Andrea, Alison and Jessica for a fun trip.

Last, I will leave you with one of the hi-lights of my trip. We always talk about knitted shorts or pants in my knitting group. Well, in New York I did see someone wearing a pair of knitted shorts. Really I did it was at the Ravelry party at the Elk's Lodge and you can see them here. I think this is one of my new favorite blogs and I have to say that Steven worked those shorts. Now I just need to find those pants that I was knitting. ;o)

6 comments:

Michelle B said...

Nice!!!!!

Alison said...

Yay! I love those earrings. Suuuper cute.

See you at Rhinebeck 2011! :)

Pam Sykes (aka Pretty Knitty) said...

Lovely! And those knitted shorts are something else! lol But I noticed they are not knit of homespun!

Steven A. said...

glad you liked them. i so rarely get the chance to wear them!

Corrie said...

Looks like you all had so much fun. Thanks for sharing all the great pics!

Unknown said...

Great recap of our trip, Dawn. I see you wont need my photo of the pot pie!