Sunday, December 21, 2008

Blue mood

I seem to be drawn to the color blue these days. I'm still working on my February Lady Sweater but I couldn't get a good picture of the true color. The swatch below of the Knit Picks Wool of the Andes Kettle Dyed in Jay Kettle isn't accurate.

The color is actually a bit darker. It's more of a navy color. I also did a bit of shopping at Webs. I bought some Malabrigo Chunky, in the color Paris Night, to make the Shalom Cardigan. I found this finished sweater on Ravelry (link) and just had to make it. I think I'm going to make mine with long sleeves also because I'm a freeze baby. Here is what the Malabrigo Chunky looks like.

I can't wait to cast on for the cardigan. Should be a quick knit because it calls for size 10.5 needles. I also bought some Classic Elite Waterlily in Wedgewood.

I'm thinking that I may use this to make another February Lady Sweater for my grandmother. She keeps asking me to make her a cardigan in blue. I think she will really like this color. Her birthday is in February. I think if I cast on now I can get it done by then.

I love the variegation in the waterlily. I might have to order some more for myself. It's getting late and I have to get up early for work tomorrow. All this Christmas wrapping, shopping and baking is kicking me in the butt. I'm on vacation beginning Christmas Eve through Jan 5. I can't wait!!!

3 comments:

Michelle B said...

Pretty yarn! I know what you mean about the baking etc. I still haven't wrapped a gift! Today I'm baking!

Stay warm!! And Merry Christmas!

Sourire11 said...

I've been stalking that Shalom Cardigan pattern on Rav. for awhile now! I'm thinking it would still look cute even though I'm all big and pregnant... I may have to buy some yarn for this soon so we can have a little mini knit along!

MJ said...

I can't wait to see your version and i love that shade of blue.