Saturday, June 28, 2008

Summer Knits

I still don't have any FO pictures of my Ribbed Lace Bolero and my finally complete Eyelet Cardigan. I'm happy with the way they both turned out. My finished summer knit list is growing. I've started yet another project. I could' nt resist making another Indigo Ripple Skirt. I made one last year but unfortunately the skirt doesn't fit anymore. It grew and it's too big. I didn't use the Rowan Denim last year because I was afraid to it was going to shrink, but after seeing Eileen's finished skirt (Ravelry link) I decided I had to have one in the denim. As usual I didn't get gauge with the size 6 suggested needle size. I had to go down two needle sizes so it may be awhile before I get this done.

I also bought some Shibui sock yarn from Webs to make the Shetland Shorty. I can't wait to get started.

I couldn't decide if I wanted to use the green (Wasabi) or the dark teal (Peacock) so I got both. One can never have enough sock yarn.

2 comments:

Michelle B said...

OHH the shorty will be cute in either color! I'd have trouble picking too!!

Robin said...

I started the Indigo Ripples skirt last year with the Elann Den-m-Nit but ended up ripping it after I messed up. I got gauge on 4s too. I usually have to drop one or two needle sizes to get gauge though, especially on cotton.